- This RFA is a one-time solicitation to request for applications to perform multi-site Phase I/II clinical trials of silymarin for liver diseases.
- The anticipated number of awards to be funded is 5, which will include 4 awards for Clinical Sites and 1 award for a Data Coordinating Center (DCC).
- The total amount to be awarded for all work (clinical trials and DCC combined) is $5,000,000-$6,000,000.
- The type of mechanism is U01.
- Eligible organizations include for-profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions (e.g., universities, colleges, hospitals), units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal government, domestic institutions, and faith-based or community-based organizations.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for NIH programs.
- The number of applications each applicant may submit is 1. Applications for a Clinical Site and the Data Coordinating Center may come from a single Institution, but the Principal Investigators on the two applications must be different persons.
- See Section IV.1 for application materials.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research
Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster